Thai brands have gained more recognition over the years, thanks to both their skills and more support from other businesses such as the media. A new movement in the Thai fashion industry. Brands started to follow the international system of working seasonally, introducing Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter collections, taking the Thai fashion industry to an international level.
1. Qurator, EmQuariter Qurator is a covering a space of 6,000 square meters in The Waterfall Quartier building, Qurator is the biggest hub of Thai designers. It is called "The Ultimate Thai Designers Showcase", as it presents more than 60 local labels, from well-established brands that have been around for decades to new kids on the block. The zone is said to generate some 850 million baht in its first year. Qurator 2nd Floor (Thai designer section) The EmQuartier Department Store (BTS Phromphong station)
2. Siam Center Built in 1973, Siam Center was one of Bangkok's first shopping malls, but the 40-year-old establishment is in no way old, thanks to the major renovation which was completed in January 2013. Strategically locaed near Siam Square, touted Bangkok's equivalent of Shibuya, it has always been the place for all things hip and happening. The new and revamped version gives more space to Thai designers than ever, with the 3rd floor, Fashion Visionary, dedicated to a comprehensive range of Thai designer brands. There are more than 40 Thai brands in total, from ready to wear to street style, from old names to new ones. Siam Center (BTS Siam station)
3. Thai Thai is a zone that bridges top two shopping malls in Bangkok - Central Chidlom and Central Embassy, to offer a seamless shopping experience. Opened in 2014, Thai Thai is dedicated to Thai fashion labels, bringing together 15 brands on one floor to wow fashionistas. The aim of this space is to support Thai designers who are recognized worldwide. Four of the brands in Thai Thai are exclusively available here namely Achavika, Kemlssara, Lovebrid and Tutti. Thai Thai 2nd floor, Central Chidlom (BTS Chidlom station)
4. FabLab Department of Fashion , or FabLab for short, experiments with a fabulous fusion of products and brands by local talents, bringing freshness to its concept store. Designed as a large and spacious walk-in closet, FabLab offers pieces that will make you look casually polished. There are both affordable brands and more luxurious ones. FabLab Department of Fashion 2nd floor, Beacon Zone, CentralWorld (BTS Chidlom station)
5. MatchBox is little store is home to more than 40 (and counting) local brands, mostly Instagram sensations with a solid fan base. The selection here appeals to youngters with style. MatchBox Siam Square Soi11 (BTS Siam station)